Thursday, March 3, 2016

A New Kind Of Weight Loss Journey

Weight Loss Week One
I feel like my weight loss journey after having Abby is different than the normal Mom wanting to loss the baby weight. Most Mom's think about working at losing the extra weight over the course of a year after settling in with a new baby and finding your new routine. Most Mom's get to take their babies home and don't have to bury their baby and think about starting the whole trying to conceive/pregnancy process over again quite as quickly as we'd like to.
Originally we thought with Abby that our family was complete. Little did we know that God's plan was different than ours and that our infant daughter would die after only 15 days of life(you can read more here).  As soon as we knew that Abby's life on this earth was short we said we wanted another baby. Not to replace Abby but we still want another child(maybe two more?) and we don't want huge age gaps between our kids(Levi will be 3 soon) so we'd like another pregnancy to happen as soon as possible(within reason after a c-section).
Hence the whole "A New Kind of Weight Loss Journey". Almost 6 years ago in 2010 when we got married I weighed around 140 pounds. By the time I got pregnant with Levi I weighed 150 and I gained A LOT of weight during that pregnancy. The last time I weighed myself I was 205 pounds - yikes!! It took me quite awhile to lose the weight with Levi. The below pictures shows me at 4 weeks pregnant and then still 23 pounds heavier at 9 months post partum. So basically at about the weight I am now.
Before and After

When I got pregnant with Abby I was 158 pounds and this time I gained about 40 pounds and I've lost around half of that so far. Yesterday morning I weighed 178 pounds but then spent the whole day in bed or throwing up. After a diet of saltines and Ginger Ale/Gatorade for the day(and I didn't keep all of it down) I was 175.2 pounds this morning. Not exactly how I wanted to kick off a diet! That puts me at 17 pounds that I'd love to lose in the next few months. I'm not sure how feasible it is but I will be trying my hardest but trying to eat healthy and exercise more. And while I'd love to be 150 or even 140 pounds again hopefully before to long I'll happily be sharing that I'm pregnant again!
Check back next Wednesday to see how I did over the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment